Florida Work Comp Class Codes
Are you looking for Florida workers compensation class codes? In the state of Florida, workers comp classifications are governed by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI).
You can view our free online guide to locate Florida NCCI Codes by following the link, or by clicking the image to the right. However, these codes include only a general index listing.
For complete and authoritative content, you will need to obtain an NCCI scopes manual from NCCI. You can order an NCCI scopes manual from the NCCI online catalog.
Florida Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Florida workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Florida. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Workers Compensation Resources for the State of FloridaFlorida Division of Workers Compensation 200 East Gaines Street Tallahassee, FL 32399 Work Comp Claims: 1-800-342-1741
Work Comp Exemption/ Compliance: 1-800-742-2214 https://www.myfloridacfo.com/
FL Work Comp Information
- Work comp classifications governed by NCCI
- Work Comp Mandatory (Employers are required to obtain WC insurance)
- Waivers are permitted; corporate officers may elect to be exempt
- Real estate agents and brokers are exempt from mandatory WC coverage
- Injured employees may choose their own physician. When under a managed care program, employees may select physician from the qualified program.
- Maximum 7 day waiting period for comp benefits after injury
- Retroactive compensation if disability continues more than 21 days
Florida Workers Compensation Class Codes