Georgia Work Comp Class Codes
You can view our online list of Georgia workers compensation class codes here. Georgia is an NCCI state, which means that NCCI (National Council on Compensation Insurance) is responsible for the workers compensation classifications.
You can view our free online guide to find GA class codes by visiting our NCCI Codes page, or by clicking the image to the right.
For authoritative and complete classification information, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual. You can purchase a scopes manual from the NCCI Catalog (Link provided).
Georgia Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Georgia workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Georgia. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation
Georgia State Workers Compensation Resources270 Peachtree Street, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30303 (800) 533-0682 http://sbwc.georgia.gov/ Office of Georgia Insurance Commissioner Two Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
West Tower, Suite 704
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Main Telephone: 404-656-2070
Toll Free: 800-656-2298 http://www.oci.ga.gov/
Georgia State WC Information
- Work comp classifications are managed by NCCI
- Workers compensation coverage is mandatory
- Waivers are permitted
- Employees can select their own physician, or physician from a list maintained by the employer
- Comp benefits paid after 7 days
- Compensation is retroactive if disability continues for 21 consecutive days
- Attorney fees are permitted up to 25% of the claim cost
Georgia Workers Compensation Class Codes