Hawaii Work Comp Class Codes
If you are looking for Hawaii workers compensation class codes, you can use our page for NCCI codes to locate the a general index listing for your state.
The work comp classifications for the state of Hawaii are managed by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI). NCCI also manages data for claims, premiums, files rates on behalf of the state, and also produces the experience modifiers for all employers in Hawaii.
You can view our free guide for locating NCCI Codes (Link provided) to view all codes and a brief general description of each code. However, for complete and authoritative classification information, you will have to buy an NCCI scopes manual at: www.ncci.com/onlinecatalog/scopes.
Hawaii Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Hawaii workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Hawaii. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Workers Compensation Resources for Hawaii
2264 Aupuni St.
Hawaii Disability & Compensation Division
(808) 243-5322 https://labor.hawaii.gov/dcd/home/aboutwc/ Hawaii Department of Insurance King Kalakaua Building
335 Merchant Street, Rm. 213
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 (808) 586-2790 https://cca.hawaii.gov/ins/
Hawaii Workers Compensation State Information
- Hawaii is an NCCI state
- Workers compensation is mandatory for employers
- Waivers are not permitted
- Employees retain the initial choice of physician
- Benefits are paid 3 days after injury
- Attorneys fees are permitted in workers compensation claims on an individual case-by-case basis