Illinois Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Illinois workers compensation class codes? You can view our online guide for free. The Illinois classification system is managed and maintained by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI).
You can view our guide for locating NCCI Codes by following the link, or clicking the image to the right.
Free online lists will include a complete numerical index of class codes, including a general short description for each code.
For authoritative classification information, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual. You can purchase a Scopes Manual from the NCCI online catalog, as well as other helpful underwriting material.
Illinois Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Illinois workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Illinois. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Workers Compensation State Resources: IllinoisIllinois Department of Insurance (IDOI) Springfield Office 320 W Washington Springfield, IL 62767 Chicago Office 122 S. Michigan Ave., 19th Floor Chicago, IL 60603 Phone: 866-445-5364 http://insurance.illinois.gov/
Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission100 W Randolph St Suite 8-200
Chicago, IL 60601
Quick Overview: IL Work Comp
- Uses the NCCI classification system
- Work Comp is mandatory for employers
- Contract with Travelers for the state fund
- Employee retains right to initial choice of physician
- Benefit waiting period of 3 days after injury
- Attorney fees of up to 20% are permitted
Illinois Workers Compensation Class Codes