Maryland Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Maryland workers compensation class codes? Maryland is an NCCI state. NCCI stands for the National Council on Compensation Insurance. They are the governing authority for workers comp classifications in most U.S States.
You can view our free online guide for locating NCCI codes by following the link, or you can also visit by clicking the image to the right.
To obtain complete and authoritative classification definitions and guidelines, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual.
*Disclaimer: This site is intended to serve as a quick search reference guide. For authoritative underwriting information, the viewer will need to purchase an NCCI scopes manual.
Maryland Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Maryland workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Maryland. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Maryland Workers Compensation State ResourcesMaryland Insurance Administration 200 St. Paul Place Suite 2700 Baltimore, MD 21202 Phone: 410-468-2000 URL: http://www.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx Maryland Workers Compensation Commission 10 East Baltimore Street Baltimore, MD 21202 Phone: (800) 492-0479 URL: http://www.wcc.state.md.us/ Maryland Injured Workers Fund: Chesapeake Employers Insurance 8722 Loch Raven Boulevard
Towson, MD 21286-2235 Phone: (410) 494-2000 URL: https://www.ceiwc.com/
Maryland NCCI State Reference Guide
- State Jurisdiction: NCCI – National Council on Compensation Insurance
- NCCI Collect the following policy & statistical data on behalf of Maryland:
- Workers Compensation
- Voluntary Compensation
- Employers Liability
- USL&H – US Longshore and Harbor
- Alternative Compensation
- Statistical Plan: Maryland uses NCCI’s “Statistical Plan for Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance”
- The Unit Report Control (URC) program monitors the submission of unit reports on behalf of Maryland
- NCCI also collects:
- Financial call data
- Detailed claim information
- Medical data call transactions
- NCCI provides the following core services:
- NCCI files loss costs on behalf of Maryland
- NCCI Produces intrastate and interstate experience rating modification rates
- NCCI provides proof of coverage data to the Maryland Workers Compensation Commission
Maryland Workers Compensation Class Codes