Ohio Work Comp Class Codes
For the index of Ohio workers compensation class codes in PDF format, you can download the State Fund Manual from the Ohio BWC (Classifications start on page 166). In this state, workers compensation falls under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC). The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation is a monopolistic state fund with a state-controlled workers compensation plan that prohibits private insurers from competitively writing mandatory coverage.
As you can see on the State Fund Manual, workers compensation classifications are governed by NCCI.
The National Council on Compensation Insurance, or “NCCI”, is the governing authority for workers compensation for most U.S. states, including Ohio. You can view a basic index listing of all NCCI Codes for the state of Ohio by clicking the image to the right.
Ohio Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Ohio workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Ohio. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Ohio Workers Compensation Classification Manual
For an authoritative classification manual in the state of Ohio, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual. They offer copies in both printed or digital format.
Ohio Workers Compensation State Resources:
Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation
30 W. Spring St.,
Columbus, OH 43215
Call: 1-800-OHIOBWC (1-800-644-6292)
Overview of Workers Compensation in the State of Ohio
- State Jurisdictions: Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Policy Data: NCCI Collect the following types of policy and unit statistical data on behalf of theBWC:
- Voluntary Compensation (VC)
- Employers Liability (EL)
- United States Longshore & Harbor (USL&H)
- Statistical Plan: Ohio uses NCCI’s statistical plan for workers compensation and employers liability insurance.
Looking for workers compensation classifications in another state? Use our state reference guide below.
Ohio Workers Compensation Class Codes