Virginia Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Virginia workers compensation class codes? Virginia uses the NCCI classification system. NCCI, or the “National Council on Compensation Insurance” is the governing classification authority for workers compensation in most states.
You can view our online guide for locating NCCI codes by clicking the image to the right. Our guide includes a comprehensive index of codes, as well as a general index description of each code.
For underwriting purposes, you will need an NCCI Scopes Manual. The Scopes Manual includes exhaustive classification information pertaining to each code, and what types of work should be included and excluded.
Virginia Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Virginia workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Virginia. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Virginia State Resources for Workers Compensation
Virginia Workers Compensation Commission
1000 DMV Drive
Richmond, VA 23220
State of Virginia’s Relationship with NCCI:
- State Jurisdiction: National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI)
- NCCI Collects the following types of Policy & Statistical Data
- Workers Compensation (WC)
- Voluntary Compensation (VC)
- Employers Liability (EL)
- United States Longshore & Harbor (USL&H)
- Alternative Compensation (AC)
- Financial Call Data
- Detailed Claim Information
- Medical Data Call
- Statistical Plan: Virginia Workers Compensation Statistical Plan
- NCCI Performs the Following Core Functions on Behalf of Virginia:
- Rate & Loss Cost Filing
- Experience Rating Modification
- Proof of Coverage Data Administration
- Residual Market Plan Administration
Looking for class codes for a state other than Virginia? Use our reference map below.
Virginia Workers Compensation Class Codes