Iowa Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Iowa workers compensation class codes? Iowa is under the jurisdiction of the NCCI classification system. NCCI is an acronym for the National Council on Compensation Insurance. They are the governing authority for workers compensation classifications in most U.S. states.
For complete and authoritative classification definitions and guidelines, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual.
For other helpful underwriting products and services, you can visit the NCCI Online Catalog, or the IRMI Online Catalog.
Iowa Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Iowa workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Iowa. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Iowa Workers Compensation State ResourcesIowa Insurance Division 601 Locust St., 4th Floor Des Moines, IA 50309-3738 Phone: 515-281-5705 Fax: 515-281-3059 Toll Free Consumer Line: 877-955-1212 Agent Licensing: 515-281-7757 https://www.iid.state.ia.us/ Iowa Workforce Development: Division of Workers Compensation 1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387 or (800) JOB-IOWA: (800) 562-4692 https://www.iowaworkforce.org/wc/
Iowa Workers Compensation Relationship with NCCI
- Iowa is under the state jurisdiction of the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI)
- NCCI collects the following types of policy and statistical data on behalf of Iowa:
- Workers Compensation (WC)
- Voluntary Compensation
- United States Longshore and Harbor (USL&H)
- Financial Call Data
- Detailed Claim Information
- Medical Data Call
- Rate/Loss Cost Filing
- Experience Modification Rating (Experience Mod)
- Proof of Coverage: NCCI provides proof of coverage data to the Iowa Division of Workers Compensation
- Residual Market: NCCI is the residual market plan administrator for Iowa
Iowa Workers Compensation Class Codes