Maine Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Maine workers compensation class codes? Maine uses the NCCI (National Council on Compensation Insurance) classification system. NCCI is the governing authority for work comp classifications in most U.S states.
To view our free online guide for locating NCCI codes, you can follow the provided link, for click the image to the right. Free online lists contain an index of all class codes, as well as a brief general description.
To obtain complete and authoritative classification definitions and guidelines, you will need to purchase an NCCI Scopes Manual.
For other helpful underwriting products and services, you can visit the NCCI Online Catalog, or the IRMI Online Catalog.
Maine Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Maine workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Maine. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Maine Workers Compensation State ResourcesMaine Workers Compensation Board 27 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Call: (207) 287-3751 URL: https://www.maine.gov/wcb/ Department of Professional & Financial Regulation Bureau of Insurance 76 Northern Avenue
Gardiner, Maine 04345 Call: 800-300-5000 https://www.state.me.us/pfr/insurance/
Maine Work Comp Classification: Additional Information
NCCI performs the following services and functions on behalf of Maine:
- State Jurisdiction: NCCI – National Council on Compensation Insurance
- NCCI Collects the following types of policy and unit statistical data for the state of Maine:
- Workers Compensation (WC)
- Voluntary Compensation
- Employers Liability
- USL&H – United States Longshore & Harbor
- Alternative Compensation
- Maine uses NCCI’s “Statistical plan for Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance”
- Main uses the URC (Unit Report Control) program to monitor the timely submission of unit reports
- NCCI collects the following data for the Maine:
- Financial call data
- Detailed claim information
- Medical data call transactions
- NCCI performs the following core services on behalf of Maine:
- NCCI files loss costs
- Provision of intrastate and interstate experience modifications factors (Experience mods)
- Provision of “Proof of coverage” data to the Maine workers compensation board
Maine Workers Compensation Class Codes