Mississippi Work Comp Class Codes
Looking for Mississippi workers compensation class codes? Mississippi is an NCCI state. NCCI stands for the National Council on Compensation Insurance, and they are the governing authority for workers compensation classifications for most U.S. states. You can view our free online list of MS workers compensation classifications at NCCI codes. You may also view our guide by clicking the image to the right.
Our guide for locating NCCI Codes will help you find all codes and a general description of each code. For authoritative workers compensation classifications you will need an NCCI Scopes Manual. You can purchase an NCCI scopes manual from the NCCI online catalog.
For other helpful underwriting products and services, you can visit the NCCI Online Catalog, or the IRMI Online Catalog.
*Disclaimer: This site is intended to serve as a quick search reference guide. For authoritative underwriting information, the viewer will need to purchase an NCCI scopes manual.
Mississippi Workers Compensation Rates
Looking for Mississippi workers compensation rates? Visit our page for workers compensation rates by state. Our list contains estimated base rates for the state of Mississippi. Rates will vary from one insurance company to another. Rates will also vary based on other factors such as:
- Years in business
- Experience Modification Rate (MOD)
- Size of deductible
- Years of consecutive coverage / gaps in coverage
- Financial condition of the company
- Trajection of the company size (increase or decrease)
- Employee turnover rate
- Quality of safety programs (if any)
- Employee return-to-work programs
- And many other factors!
Mississippi Workers Compensation State ResourcesMississippi Insurance Department 1001 Woolfolk State Office Building
501 North West Street
Jackson, MS 39201 Call: 601-359-3569 URL: https://www.mid.ms.gov/ Mississippi Workers Compensation Commission 1428 Lakeland Drive
Jackson, Mississippi, 39216 Call: 601-987-4200 URL: https://www.mwcc.state.ms.us/
Mississippi Workers Compensation Base Rates (Manual Rates)
Disclaimer: Mississippi manual rates / base rates are estimated based on the loss costs published by each state. Actual rates for various insurance carriers may vary.
|Code||General Description||2015 Base Rate|
|5645||Carpentry NOC Residential Construction||$26.70|
|7228||Short Haul Trucking||$12.46|
|8835||Home Health Care||$3.30|
|9012||Building Operations by Owner||$3.24|
|9015||Building Ops by Contractor||$7.48|
|9083||Restaurant Fast Food||$2.80|
Mississippi State Classification Information
- Mississippi State Jurisdiction: National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI)
- NCCI Collect the following policy and statistical data on behalf of Mississippi:
- Workers Compensation
- Voluntary Compensation
- Employers Liability
- USL&H: United States Longshore and Harbor
- Alternative Compensation
- Financial Call Data
- Detailed Claim Information
- Data Call Transactions
- MS Statistical Plan: NCCI’s Statistical Plan for Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance
- NCCI Performs the following core services for the state of Mississippi:
- NCCI Files loss costs on behalf of Mississippi
- NCCI Produces intrastate and interstate experience modification rates
- NCCI provides proof of coverage data to the Mississippi Workers Compensation Commission
- NCCI is the Residual Market Plan Administer for Mississippi
Mississippi Workers Compensation Class Codes